5 Astonishing Creatine Benefits
Creatine is one of the most successful bodybuilding supplements to hit the shelves. Whether you choose to take creatine in supplement form or mix a creatine powder like Decacore into your favorite protein drink, creatine is here to help you make the most out of your next workout.
Every day, science is discovering new and amazing benefits of this naturally produced muscle-building compound, and it may surprise you what creatine has to offer bodybuilders, athletes, and ordinary individuals looking to sculpt a better body. Creatine benefits are widespread and will help you both in the gym and wherever you go.
Discover What Creatine Can Really Do
1. Boosts Brain Function: Most people think that creatine is nothing more than a muscle-builder, but did you know that creatine also shows promise as a brain booster as well?
Researchers Wyss and Schulze extensively studied the effects of creatine as a neuroprotectant, a unique agent that can increase the survival of nerve cells when exposed to harmful by-products known as free radicals.
In a placebo controlled cross-over design study, vegetarian and vegan subjects were given five grams of creatine every day for the following six weeks. At the end of this period, subjects were tested on non-verbal and verbal memory capabilities.
Researchers reported, “Supplementation with creatine significantly increased intelligence compared with the placebo.”
2. Amps Aerobic Performance: Building muscle requires a great deal of focus, determination, and strength training, but in order to get a well-balanced workout, you need to participate in aerobic activity as well.
Experts suggest that you shouldn’t combine aerobic exercise with strength training, as the increased aerobic activity can hinder muscle building results. Too much cardio exercise can result in the breakdown of muscle proteins for energy, making it difficult to pack on the pounds of lean muscle.
Interestingly, creatine may be able to protect your muscle growth while boosting your aerobic performance as well.
In a recent study, male and female athletes were assessed on their overall sprint performance and thigh muscle volume before and after supplementing with creatine (dosages varied according to individual height and mass).
Over a three day period, those who received creatine not only gained more body mass and muscle volume than the placebo group but their sprinting performance increased as well.
3. Increases Intensity Capabilities: Creatine is primarily used to get more pumps with every strength training session. Why? Because it increases the body’s ability to perform high intensity work!
Creatine is formulated to provide immediate energy to major muscle groups, increasing ATP production so your muscles don’t fatigue as quickly. Consequently, by increasing muscle overload, the body is able to make the most out of preexisting muscle fibers while stimulating the production of muscle tissues.
In fact, the body already makes creatine naturally, and without this essential ingredient, energy production during high intensity physical exercises would be impossible.
4. Enhances Muscle Recovery: High intensity strength training exercises can create tiny tears in the muscles, resulting in next day muscle soreness that can take several days for the body to recover from. However, creatine can also be used as an effective post-workout supplement, speeding muscle recovery and encouraging the growth of healthy new muscle cells.
During exercise, ammonia accumulation in the muscles can increase fatigue and may make it difficult to push through a workout. Fortunately, studies have shown that oral creatine supplementation can lower plasma ammonia levels during and after exercise.
5. Maximizes Muscle Volume: One of the most popular creatine benefits is its ability to add bulk and volume to your muscle mass, giving the ripped, lean look that bodybuilders strive so hard to obtain. Creatine contains unique chemical compounds that can trigger the inflation of muscle cells, which in turn triggers the protein synthesis. Creatine supplementation encourages water to flow toward these muscle cells, resulting in a dramatic increase in overall body weight.
Overall, creatine is an amazing solution for bodybuilders and weekend warriors to maximize their muscle growth while benefiting their overall physical strength and performance. Although certain types of creatine may trigger negative side effects, the results are well worth the risk.
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments below!